Dvorak undertakes challenges his office will face

Applications for ’15-’16 Executive Board positions available online

Hello RPI, I hope you’re doing well.

With President of the Union Week 2015 over and the nightmares of jar lids slipping into memory, I would like to take a moment to thank the students of Rensselaer for selecting me as their next President of the Union. It was a wild ride, but it only stands as a warmup set for the workout that will be this year in office. Regardless of who you voted for, I am here to represent all students, and I give you my solemn oath that I will work day in and day out to ensure I do so the best I can. I hold a great pride in our student government, and truly believe that we can make great strides over the next year and beyond.

If you’re a regular Poly reader, I’m sure you know what I’m going to talk about next, but if not, you’re in for a treat because Executive Board applications are live! Do you want to get more involved, gain practical experience, and give back to your fellow students in a meaningful way? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then the E-Board may be the right fit for you. Executive Board members are tasked with actively managing the $8.4 million operating budget of the Rensselaer Union in addition to overseeing club operations, addressing a wide variety of issues, and working with a dedicated team to improve the student experience. The skills honed through an E-Board position are invaluable, and allow you to get both hands on, practical experience and work to give back to the community as a whole.

The application is open to all students regardless of class year, and I sincerely encourage anyone interested to apply. Applications are due by Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 11:59 pm. This year, in addition to the regular PDF applications, I have also implemented a Google Form that can be used! Physical copies of the application can be found in the yellow folders on the Union bulletin boards. The PDF can be found under, and the Google Form can be found at Physical copies can be turned in to the Union Admin Office or Student Government Suite, Mailbox E1, electronic files can be emailed to, and Google Forms can be directly submitted.

I look forward to hearing from you, and to working for the Rensselaer community over the next year. As always, if you have questions/comments/concerns, feel free to email me at any time at If you want to chat, stop by my office hours, swing by Pub Chats, or shine The Derby Signal on a cloudy Troy night. Have a great week!