Letter to the Editor

Reader praises Poly

Thank you for all of the time and energy that you’ve put into the election-related investigation, I personally appreciate being kept informed. There is nothing more important to a democracy than a well informed electorate, and as such, I would like to thank you and the members of RPI TV for your service. In the days of 24-hour cable “news,” it’s easy to consider journalism a dying art, but I’ve been happy to see throughout the proceedings of these past weeks, that isn’t true. You have restored my faith in journalism and I hope your actions will inspire others to join your ranks, and to spread the truth.

I’ve also been impressed with what I’ve heard about student and alumni involvement. At a school where apathy is always one of the largest problems, it’s fantastic to hear about students and alumni taking to Facebook and Reddit to share news and their opinions. Even more impressive was hearing the record-high voter turnout from last week, showing that students really do want to be involved in the decisions on campus. I hope students will continue to get involved with Student Government, and other organizations that work for the betterment of the student body as a whole.

Once again, thank you for your service.

Colton Schroeder

BMED ’12