Undergraduate Council

Undergraduate Council gears up for a new semester

Class of ’15 president shares updated information on class rings, upcoming events featured on class website

Note: Today the Undergraduate Council will continue with its class president features! This week you’ll be hearing from 2015’s own President Brandon Win ’15about the great events and traditions 2015 will be featuring this semester.

Hey RPI! My name is Brandon Win and I am the 2015 class president. Spring semester has set its fangs on us and I hope everyone is still going strong. The 48th Super Bowl was a very interesting game, but I am over that and looking forward to the Big Red Freakout this weekend. Hopefully that will prove to be a more competitive and exciting event.

I am proud to announce that our class webpage is back up and running. It can be found at http://class15.union.rpi.edu. Our class councils awesome CIO and Vice CIO, Emily Frantz ’15and Jacob Derechin ’15 respectively, have done a wonderful job with this website. I highly encourage you to look at our class calendar and new feedback system. There will be further updates throughout the semester.

I have been honored to work with the members of the Class of 2015 Council for the past three years. They have been great in putting on events such as the R Factor, Night Rave, and many more. I am happy to announce that we are working on some new events for this semester. We are planning a trip to the midnight release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, a trivia/karaoke night, and maybe even a class bonding lock-in. These are all currently in the works, but I am sure our council can work through all the kinks.

Hey Class of 2015 specifically! Go out and buy your class rings! Balfour will be on campus Monday, February 10 from 12 pm–4pm and Tuesday, February 11 from 11am–3pm in the Rensselaer Union Lobby: go and check them out. The rings are very nice and we worked hard to keep the price low. The ring dinner will be in April.

If you have any questions, feedback, or ideas for our class council to serve you better, I encourage you to contact me at winb@rpi.edu, or talk to any of your class council representatives. Our class council holds open and public meetings. If you wish to join us and voice your opinion, please feel free to email me and I will let you know when and where we meet. Our wonderful class dean, Jennifer Forbes, is always here to aid you as well at http://www.vcita.com/v/classdean15. I hope you all have a safe, warm, and successful semester. Stay classy RPI.