DERBY

Union seeks representative

Hey RPI!

I hope your week is going well! First and foremost, I would like to inform you of the ongoing open call for Senate-Executive Board Liaison and Union Annual Report Committee Chair. As of last Tuesday, Andrew Sudano ’17, the former holder of these positions, resigned from Student Government. As such, Marcus and I have been seeking applicants for his replacement. If you are interested, please fill out the application, which can be found here at http://poly.news/s/u2qzo/. It’s due by Friday, November 13. The Senate-Executive Board Liaison is the main point of contact between two of the major bodies of Student Government. You will be tasked with attending all E-Board(Tuesdays at 7 pm) and all Executive Board Meetings (Thursdays at 8 pm), and reporting to one body what occurred at the meeting of the other. You will also have the duties of an E-Board Member, however, I have reduced the amount of clubs you would be representing to allow you to fully focus on the Union Annual Report. As stated in the by-laws of the Senate, the Liaison must also chair the UAR committee, which is responsible for creating one of the most important documents put out by the Union.

The Union Annual Report is a summary of all the major financial operations and changes that the Union undergoes each year. It includes a breakdown of all Union sources of revenue and where your Student Activity Fee dollars are spent. It outlines major fiscal changes from year to year, as well as including an overview of budgetary policy. Last year’s UAR can be found here: http://poly.news/s/xb2b0/. So I encourage all students interested in the position to apply! I can ensure the experience will be a rewarding one, and if you have ever wanted to get to know the Union and Student Government inside and out, this is a great opportunity. Once more, applications will be due by Friday, and interviews will follow afterwards. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me at pu@rpi.edu and we can set up a time to talk.

In other news, I would also like to encourage all members of the student body to come out to the 125th Anniversary Gala Event this Saturday! The Union is turning 125, and we want you there to celebrate with us. The event will be semiformal with a buffet dinner starting at 6:30 pm. Registration (which is free!) can be found here: https://union125thanniversarygala.eventbrite.com/. After dinner, there will be a celebratory lights show at 8:30 pm outside the welcome lobby near the horseshoe. After the lights show, there will be casino games set up in the McNeil Room as well as DJs from the PULSE group! This is guaranteed to be an awesome time, and I hope to see you there!

In the world of sports, I encourage students to also take the trek out to Schenectady this weekend to watch our RPI Engineers decimate the Union Dutchmen. That’s right, it’s the annual Dutchman’s shoes game where we face off against Union. Kickoff is Saturday at noon at Union, and with a win the RPI Football team would share the Liberty League title and also have a shot at an NCAA Playoff Bid. Your support of New York State’s oldest rivalry would mean a lot to the guys on the team. So, let’s get out there and show our support by embarrassing Union’s home crowd from the Red Zone! LET’S GO RED!

If your organization would like to be featured in my Derby, please feel free to shoot me a message at pu@rpi.edu. As always, let me know if there’s any ways I can help you out. I am your advocate along with the GM to the Institute leadership, and your voice will be heard. Have a great one!