EDITORIAL NOTEBOOK

Food, Smash, and homework

Random musings of a sleep deprived sophomore

You know what, I’m going to write a notebook about several things on my mind. So here we go. Number 1, I like food. Who doesn’t like food? I enjoy getting the white yogurt at Commons. Some people say it’s Greek yogurt, some people say it’s vanilla yogurt; I think it’s just plain yogurt, and it’s delicious with the granola offered to the right or left of it with some fruit on the side: cantaloupe, melon, pineapple, and grapes. Then if I’m really feeling like it, I’ll add some mini M&Ms, coconut, and small oreo bits to the mix. It is so good, let me tell you. Another thing I like about Commons is the atmosphere, including the workers and students.

Secondly, last night while walking into the Poly office, I asked my friend if his fraternity was having a rush event that night. He replied, “yes, an eating contest.” I turned to him and asked if we could go. After he received an email regarding the team needing help eating 826 little hot dogs from World Famous Lunch, we left the office to go to the restaurant. I’d say I feel accomplished eating my 16 hot dogs, while others might say they feel ashamed. How could I turn down free food, especially hot dogs!

Going along with food, I love baking cookies, and the other night I wanted to mix things up a little. I attempted making fried oreos. The first try was not completely a success, but the second try was very successful! Just remember to keep the oil on low heat, and you’re good. Trust me.

Switching it up, I love Super Smash Bros: Melee. I know how to grab and kick, but down “B-ing” and flicking down on the C-Stick using Peach or Kirby works well every time. My friends may think I’m spamming the same move, but I’m just trying to win. But for real, who doesn’t love watching Kirby suck up another character and drop them off the edge of the map or having a Kirby rock on top of you? I know I do!

Have you ever had a homework assignment of only eight questions, and thought “you know, this should be easy.” Eight hours later, it’s finally done. I look back at that, and wow, I took a long time on something that wasn’t even that hard. I learned that I shouldn’t over complicate things, and two nights later there I was doing some computer science work and over complicating simple concepts. All that matters is I finished it and had a good time understanding a completely foreign thing to me!

I have one more point for this. The weather this past week has been absolutely lovely; mid 90’s, I love it. Why can’t it be like this all year long?

I think that’s it for now and if you ever want to have a conversation with me about anything at anyime, just stop me and say hi and let’s get talking!