The Student Senate of the Rensselaer Student Union, upon a proposal submitted by the Union Constitution Committee, has approved changes to Rensselaer Union Constitution as outlined below:
(1) The current Greek Senator position shall be spilt into an IFC Senator and a Panhellenic Council Senator. To account for this change, there shall now be two Independent Council Senators. This change brings the total voting membership of the Student Senate from 24 to 26 voting members.
(2) In the event of the resignation or removal of the President of the Union, the Executive Board By-Laws shall now dictate the person who will preside over the Executive Board until a new President of the Union can be confirmed by the Student Senate.
(3) In the event of a tie in any valid election, the Student Senate By-Laws shall now dictate when and where a runoff election would be held.
(4) A valid removal election shall now be an election where 40% of the constituents of the position(s) in question vote. A 2/3 majority will still be necessary to remove the Grand Marshal or President of the Union from office.
(5) Many organizational and small grammatical changes were made to the document in an effort to clarify and consolidate articles and amendments.
The full text, including all changes made to the document, is available at poll sites, in The Polytechnic, and on Flagship Documents.
Do you approve of these changes and accept this new document as the official Rensselaer Union Constitution?